Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, is one of the best areas to buy and rent property in the City of Lights. Launched in 1980, this was one of the first housing projects in the city that introduced the concept of a “gated society.” The master plan was drafted in such a way that every division of the society has a plethora of amenities available within a short walk or drive.
The whole society is like a microcosm of a large city where people do not need to travel beyond the boundaries in search of basic facilities. Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, is like a city within a city, situated slightly off the main highway that connects Karachi with the city of Hyderabad, also known as Super Highway.
More importantly, the township is slightly remote to the main city and problems like air pollution and noise pollution are not as big as they are at the city centre.
There are 11 sectors in the area, namely Sectors P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y and Z. Many of these sectors have subdivisions as well. Of these, Sector X and its subdivisions more or less constitute the centre of Maymar.
The neighbouring societies to Gulshan-e-Maymar consist of Fazaia Housing Scheme, Gulshan-e-Rabia, Abdullah Gabol Goth, Ahsanabad and Salfia Town. Also, one of the most popular resorts in the city of Karachi, Dreamworld Resort, Hotel & Golf Course is just a few minutes’ drive away.
AT A GLANCE
- Near Dreamworld Resort
- Close to Super Highway
- Electricity backup
- Satellite or Cable TV Ready
- Access to broadband internet
- Shopping malls
- Public transportation
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTH CARE
PUBLIC TRANSPORT NEAR GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR KARACHI
Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, is, at its core, a car-centric society. Through a network of roads it’s connected to M-9 and M-10 that help residents travel to the inner city with ease. That said, if you’re looking for public transport near Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, you’ll find that the nearest stop is Afghan Basti1 Bus Stop, which is more or less a 16-minute drive away. Only one mini bus route A-25 plies the area. One can hop on this bus at Maymar Gate Number, on Bolan Avenue in Sector Z. A-25 travels toward Al-Asif Square to Sohrab Goth then Water Pump to Aisha Manzil; later, it gets to Liaquatabad No. 10 from where it goes to Nazimabad and further into the city.
You can also rely on ride-hailing services to be able to move around the city.
MARKETS IN GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR KARACHI
When a super store like Imtiaz Super Market is located within a township society, residents do not need to go elsewhere. Over the past many years, this super market has gained massive popularity all around the country. It is a kind of grocery store, where you can purchase many types of different products. For instance, if you want to buy common household grocery, Imtiaz Market stockpiles a large quantity of these commodities. Similarly, if you are looking for meat, vegetables and even electronic appliances, this market is the best. Situated near Raja Mahmoodabad Road, Sector W, Gulshan-e-Maymar, you do not need to explore any other place for doing groceries as it is located within the premises and regardless of which sector you live in, it is only a matter of a few minutes’ drive to reach this place.
In addition, medicines and other pharmaceutical items can also be bought from here at a reasonable price. However, a few general stores are also easily reachable within the township and they are located in different sectors. The following details can help you get a better picture:
- Madina Milk Shop & General Store, Sector R 1, Al Hamd Town, Gulshan-e-Maymar
- Tara General Store, Sector R-5, Al Hamd Town, Gulshan-e-Maymar
- Noorani General Store, Sector T, Gulshan-e-Maymar
- Maymar Medical and General Store, Plot B, 18, Sector Z
Not only general stores, lots of medical shops are also located inside Gulshan-e-Maymar, but in different sectors. These details will certainly help you find your way:
- Maymar Dispensary, Sector X
- Moon Medical Store, Sector Z 6, Sector Z
- Gulshan Corner Medical, 7th St., Sector Z
Luckily, an array of electronic and electric stores can also be found inside the society. They are spread all over the society in different sectors such as:
- Sk Communication and Computer, Sector Y-3, Sector Y
- Hitachi Services Centre, Taqi Road, Sector Y
- All Madina Mobile Shop Meer, Maymar Road, Sector T
- Cool King Refrigeration Repair Sajid Ali, Sector X
- Al Rahim Autos, Sector X
- Makki Auto Efi Electronic & Mechanic, Sector X
- Unique Computers, Ajmer Garden, 19, Sindh Provincial Echs, Muhammadpur, Sector V
- Nasha Batteries & UPS Service, Quaid Avenue, Sector X
- Bukhari Solutions & Service, Muhammad Ali Road, Sector Z
- Solar System Karachi, LS 4, Sector W2, Sector W
- J.com Mobile Shop, Sector Z
- Madina Hardware and Electric Store, Muhammad Ali Road, Sector Z 6, Sector Z
- Al Razzaq Electric, Nishtar Road, Sector Z
Some of the above-mentioned stores provide repair services for different electrical appliances, whereas, others are electronic stores from where you can buy mobile phones, refrigerators, computers and a few electrical hardware. All these shops are inside Gulshan-e-Maymar and could take just a few minutes’ drive to reach, depending on which sector you reside in.
To make sure that your car does not run out of fuel and remains in good condition, you can head to the following places that are situated within the boundaries of this township:
- S.M. Car Wash Centre & Glass Coating, Gulshan-e-Maymar Road, Taiser Town
- Byco Petrol Pump, Sector X
- Total PARCO Petrol Pump, Plot pp-1, Block Z, Sector Z
- Tyre Puncture Shop, Masjid Jamal, Gulshan-e-Maymar
You can reach a couple of them in Gulshan-e-Maymar within a matter of a few minutes by car. For example, Whitestar Dry Cleaner is located near Quaid Avenue in Sector X-1, Sector X, whereas, Maymar Dry Cleaners is situated on 3rd Ln., Sector Z of the same.
Besides, a tailor shop is located in Block 6, Sector W, Sanober Pride. Known as Marvi Tailoring Point, it is shop no. 20 and if you want to have new clothes sewn or altered from a professional tailor, you can rely on this one.
MOSQUES IN GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR KARACHI
Gulshan-e-Maymar has been constructed in such an impeccable way that the developers have not left any sector without a mosque. All the mosques have been built to make it conducive for the residents of every sector to reach them well on time to offer congregational prayer. The following mosques are spread all over the society:
- Jamia Masjid Batool, Sector Q
- Masjid Noor Hamza, Al Hamd Town, Sector R
- Masjid-e-Farooq-e-Azam, Sector R-5, Sector R
- Masjid Mohammad PBUH, Sector X
- Masjid Hafsa, Sector T-1, Sector T
- Masjid Abdul Haleem, Sector X
- Jamia Masjid Kutub-e-Madina, Sindh Provincial Echs, Muhammadpur Sector V
- Masjid-e-Ayesha, Sector W
- Allah Wali Masjid, Sanober Heights, Cottage 11-K, 1st Street, Sector Z A
- Masjid o Imambargah Muhibban-e-Mustafa (S.A.W), Sector X
- Jama Masjid Imam Hasan Mujtaba AS, Imambargah Road, Sector U
SCHOOLS, COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES IN GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR KARACHI
Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, is packed with plenty of schooling options for children of all ages. Plus, there’s a school in almost every sector, which makes life more convenient for both parents and children. The following options will help you find schools in Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi:
- Sunrise Public School, ST 06, Al Hamd Town, Sector R
- Dar-e-Arqam Schools – Gulshan-e-Maymar Campus, Abdullah Gabol Goth
- Fox Valley Higher Secondary School, Sector Y-1, Sector Y
- Beacon Light Academy – Maymar Campus, Sector T
- New Generation School, Sector X
- The Little Nest School, Sector X
- Govt. Boys Secondary School Abdul Karim Goth, Sector W
- The City School Gulshan-e-Maymar Campus, ST-02, Sector W, Sub Sector V
- Taqwa Academy, Sector X-1, Sector X
- Fox Valley School, Sector Z
- Metropolitan School Gulshan-e-Maymar Campus, St. 2, Raja Mahmoodabad Road, Sector W-1, Sector W
- Usman Public School System, A 68D, Sector Z 6, Sector Z
- Happy Home Grammar School, 30 Nishtar Road, Sector Z 3, Sector Z
- The Trainers Schools – Maymar Campus, 5th St. C-10, Maymar Avenue, Sector V
- The Brainiac School, Sector V 4, Sector V
The City School is one of the most prolific academic institutions in Pakistan. It has plenty of branches spread all around the country, especially in all the major urban localities. The school has a reputation of providing quality education from junior to primary and higher secondary level. During early years of education, children are encouraged to engage in the following activities:
- Play based learning
- Arts & crafts
- Co-curricular activities
- Sensory activities
The junior school in Gulshan-e-Maymar Campus consists of a co-education system. However, secondary level education is segregated where classes of boys and girls are held separately.
COLLEGES NEAR GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR, KARACHI
Just like schools, a good number of colleges can also be found in Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi. Students who have successfully completed their secondary board examinations can apply in these colleges:
- Fox Valley Intermediate Girls College, Taqi Road, Sector Y
- Noor-e-Hamza Islamic School, Liaquat Ali Khan Road, Sector X
- Bright Future College of Nursing, B-56, 3rd Street, Sector X
- The Smart College, Sector X-2, Sector X
- Anas Quran Academy, Sector U
In addition, a couple of girls’ colleges are situated in Gadap Town, roughly about 2 km from Gulshan-e-Maymar. They include Government Girls College and Jan Muhammad Barohi Degree College for Women. Both are reasonable colleges for those women who want to pursue higher education and achieve their academic goals.
Anas Quran Academy is a Islamic institution where women and children can enrol to learn to recite Quran Majeed with Tajweed. Online classes are also offered and those interested can enrol in the following courses:
- Noorani Qaieda
- Nazira with tajweed
- Namaz lessons
- Masnoon Duas
To facilitate people, free trial classes are conducted for three days before interested candidates finally decide to pursue studying Quran to actually understand what Islamic teachings and values are and how the word of God, as revelled to the Holy Prophet Muhammad PBUH, can be implemented in real life situations.
UNIVERSITIES NEAR GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR, KARACHI
If you’re looking for universities near Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, you’ll find the nearest one is Baqai Medical University which is at least 23 minutes’ drive away. The rest of them, including some of the best in the whole country, are about a 35-minute drive from Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi. The names include:
- University of Karachi, Main University Road
- Institute of Business Administration IBA Karachi Campus, University Rd.
- NED University of Engineering and Technology, Main University Road, Block 1, Gulistan-e-Johar
- Ziauddin University North Campus, Ziauddin Chowrangi, Near Allama Rasheed Turabi Road, Block B, North Nazimabad Town
Institute of Business Administration, also referred to as IBA, is one of the most prestigious institutions in the country. It was the first ever institution in Pakistan where graduate academic programmes related to business administration were introduced. Established in 1955, with the help of Wharton School of Finance, University of Pennsylvania, the curriculum of the institution and an overall approach of faculty are the key factors that set it apart from the rest of the academic institutions. It has a reputation of producing highly polished and trained alumni who have been serving in some of the best organisations in the world such as Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Citi Bank, American Express, Emirates, Asian Development Bank and Standard Chartered Bank.
Contrarily, NED University of Engineering & Technology is among the best in the field of engineering. Established in 1977, the university consists of the following faculties:
- Faculty of Civil and Petroleum Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Faculty of Information Sciences and Humanities
- Faculty of Chemical & Process Engineering
- Faculty of Architecture & Management Sciences
The institution is named after Mr. Nadirshaw Edulji Dinshaw to honour his philanthropic contributions to the city.
BANKS IN GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR KARACHI
In addition to many other facilities, residents living in Gulshan-e-Maymar are blessed to have a considerable number of banks within the society. Some of them are located near Sadiq Hussain Road in Sector X, whereas others are situated in Sector Z. You can find the following banks in Sector X on Sadiq Hussain Road:
- Faysal Bank Maymar Branch
- Meezan Bank, SB 01
- Allied Bank Ltd. (ABL), SB-02
The rest of the banks can be found on Quaid Avenue in Sector Z and Sector X of Gulshan-e-Maymar and they include:
- Bank Al Habib, SB-10
- Al Baraka Bank, X3
- Sindh Bank, SB 16
- Bank Islami, Areeba Heaven, Sector X-2
- Habib Metro Bank, SB-01
CLINICS AND HOSPITALS IN GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR KARACHI
There are many clinics in Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, and they can be very helpful, especially during an emergency. These clinics are situated in different sectors of society and their details below can help you figure out the nearest one to where you live:
- Al Awan Clinic, Liaquat Ali Khan Road, Sector X
- Hassan Homeo Clinic, Sector X-6, Sector X
- Dr. Summera Mehdi, Sector X
- SA Dental Clinic, Sector X-2, Sector X
- Hira Homeo Clinic, Shaukat Ali Road, Sector Z
- AA Consultant Clinic, Maymar Ave Ext., Sector Z 3, Sector Z
- Al Shifa Clinic, C 30, Nishtar Road, Sector Z
- Hospitals are not as close as clinics. The nearest one to Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, is Memon Medical Institute Hospital (MMI), which is at least a 30-minute drive away. It is situated on Hyder Buksh Gabol Road, Safoora Chowrangi, K.D.A, Gulzar-e-Hijri, Scheme 33. It is a tertiary care facility with 332 beds. A centrally air-conditioned structure, the hospital covers a large area of 320,000 sq. ft. The facility specializes in a number of different medical fields that include general surgery, nephrology, obstetrics and gynecology, physical and rehabilitative medicine services, ENT, dentistry, cardiology, family medicine, pulmonology, nutrition, and diet control, neurosurgery, gastroenterology, pediatrics, oncology, urology, thoracic surgery, dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, dermatology, plastic surgery, and psychiatry.
- There’s also an Agha Khan University Hospital Laboratory in Sector Z that provides a wide range of services including blood tests, ultrasound and X-ray.
PROPERTIES IN GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR KARACHI
· SALE PRICE TRENDS IN GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR KARACHI
- To help you make an informed decision, we are going to provide you with a detailed analysis of sales price trends in Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi.
· HOUSES FOR SALE IN GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR KARACHI
- You’re in luck if you’re hunting for houses for sale in Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi. For example, if you are interested in buying a 240 sq. yd. home with ground plus first floor, 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, a drawing and dining room, and a kitchen, it is going to cost you up to PKR 2.5 crore.
- Gulshan-e-Maymar tops the list of the most searched houses on sale in Gadap Town. Houses are available in various sizes; of 80 sq yd, 120 sq yd, 150 sq yd, 160 sq yd, 200 sq yd, 500 sq yd, and 600 sq yd. 200 sq yd houses are offered in single and double units, with 5-6 bedrooms with attached washrooms, a drawing/dining area, an American kitchen, a study area, and a spacious lawn. Sale prices for 200 sq yd housesrange from PKR 1.3 crore to as high as PKR 2.65 crore, while for 120 sq yd houses, the asking prices tend to be a bit on the lower side, compared to other parts of the city, starting at PKR 70 lakh and going as high as PKR 1.7 crore.
· PLOTS FOR SALE IN GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR KARACHI
- Gulshan-e-Maymar features 120 sq yd, 200 sq yd, 240 sq yd, 400 sq yd, and 600 sq yd plots. There is a wide variety of 120 sq yd plots on sale, offering corner, park-facing, road-facing, east open, and west open plots. Sector Q is the most popular sector when it comes to investing in plots. There are 200 sq yd plots available for sale in various sectors in Gulshan-e-Maymar as well. One can also find 400 sq yd plots available with an approved ground-plus-one map, facing a 200 ft wide road in front.
· FLATS FOR SALE IN GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR KARACHI
- Flats are usually more feasible for small families and they also have very low maintenance costs, compared to villas and bungalows. The good news is that there are many flats up for grabs in Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, at affordable prices. For instance, a 1-bed flat, on average, is available for around PKR 30 lakh, whereas, 2-bed flats for sale in Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, can cost anywhere between PKR 45 lakh and PKR 87.23 lakh. For a more spacious unit, you need to have a more flexible budget. A 3-bed unit in Gulshan-e-Maymar can cost anywhere between PKR 55 lakh and PKR 1.15 crore.
· RENT PRICE TRENDS IN GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR KARACHI
- Renting a property is also a pretty complicated task since it also involves risk-factor. To make your job easier, we are going to disclose the rental trends in Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi in the upcoming section.
· HOUSES FOR RENT IN GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR KARACHI
- As of March 2020, you’ll find many houses for rent in Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi. A 120 sq. yd. house is up for rent for PKR 25,000, on average. Please note the rates can go up, depending on the exact location of the house and how close it is to neighborhood amenities. If you’re looking for bigger units, 200 sq. yd. houses in Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, can be rented for anywhere between PKR 35,000 and PKR 60,000.
· FLATS FOR RENT IN GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR KARACHI
- It’s been observed that small families, bachelors, and couples are more interested in renting a flat. Fortunately, the costs of flats available for rent in Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi are relatively low. There are 2 and 3-bedroom flats also available for rent. For those wishing to rent 2-bedroom flats, the prices range between PKR 20 thousand to PKR 35 thousand per month. Meanwhile, the starting price for a 3-bedroom flat is PKR 24 thousand, which can go up to PKR 30 thousand per month.
· COMMERCIAL PROPERTIES
- If you’re looking for commercial properties in Gulshan-e-Maymar, you’ll find many independent shops in the area, especially in Sectors X, Y, and Z. Shops are available in the PKR 40 lakh to PKR 3 crore; prices vary depending on the exact location of the unit.
SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS & BAKERIES
MALLS IN AND NEAR GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR KARACHI
There aren’t any big shopping plazas or malls in Gulshan-e-Maymar, owing to the fact that it’s located on the outskirts of the city. You’ll have to travel towards the city center in order to visit some of the best malls in Karachi—and that’s at least a 30-minute drive.
The nearest option is LuckyOne Mall on Rashid Minhas Road in Gulberg Town, about 16 km away via M-9. The mall comprises more than 200 outlets on its four levels that are spread over an area of 3.2 million sq ft. luckyone is, therefore, believed to be the largest shopping mall in Pakistan. It has a food court as well as a food street. There are at least two guest service desks manned by the mall’s employees who help visitors with queries and directions. If you want to go grocery shopping while browsing for designer brands, you can also visit Carrefour inside the mall.
RESTAURANTS & BAKERIES IN GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR KARACHI
There are so many facilities inside the boundaries of Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi that there is really no need to go elsewhere. Other than having convenient access to so many other amenities, residents here can visit plenty of restaurants within the premises. Every time you feel like visiting one, you can go to the following in different sectors:
- Quetta Ajwa Restaurant, Sector Y
- Juice Area, Sher Shah Suri Avenue, Sector Y
- JF Restaurant, Sector X
- Italian Pizza, Bhitai Road, Sector X-1, Sector X
- Al Bukhari Restaurant, Bhitai Road, Sector X
- Al Roshan Restaurant, Shaukat Ali Road, Sector Z
- Pizza Zone, Sector Z
- Baloch Ice Cream & Fast Food, Quai Avenue, Sector Z
- Quetta Green Café, Plot A 84, Sector Z
- Shafiq Restaurant, Sector Z2, Sector Z
- Maymar Broast, Sector Z
- Z-Six Restaurant, Muhammad Ali Road, Sector Z6, Sector Z
- Texas Burgers, Quaid Avenue, Sector Z
- Mohsin Foods, Sector Z-2, Nishtar Road, Sector Z
- Pizza Tek, C-30, Sector Z 1, Sector Z
Almost all the above-mentioned eateries are good in terms of quality of food and ambiance. However, the ones with the most reviews are Al Roshan Restaurant and Z-Six Restaurant. The former is more about traditional foods like paya, nihari, haleem, maghaz, halwa puri, and murgh channa. Seafood like fish and prawns are also on the menu but they are categorized as starters.
Z-Six Restaurant also sells a few conventional delicacies such as biryani, chicken junglee karhai, and chicken white handi boneless, but many other continentals, Chinese and Italian cuisines are also offered on the menu. Some Chinese specialties being sold here consist of chicken shashlik with rice, chicken Manchurian, chicken chowmein, and chicken chili dry/gravy with fried rice. Among some of the continental and Italian dishes, you can savor here include Italian Beef Steak, Mexican Chicken with Rice, Hawaiian Steak, Buffalo burgers, and Tuscan Chicken. For starters, you can order Chicken Corn Soup, Hot & Sour Soup, Chicken Honey Wings, Fish Cracker Basket, and Pineapple Chicken Salad.
Additionally, numerous options of fast food are also there on the menu. To name a few, you can try Z-Six Special Jumbo Sandwich, Chatppatta Broast, Chicken Jalapeno Burger, Fish & Chips, Mighty Zinger, and Nippolin Chicken Sandwich. If you love to eat pasta, they can also be ordered. More importantly, the prices of all food delicacies are pretty nominal and the ambiance is also commendable.
BAKERIES IN GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR, KARACHI
With so many delightful food outlets in the society, bakeries in Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, certainly cannot go unnoticed. When you are craving mithai, traditional Pakistani milk-solid-based sweets, you have the following options to explore:
- New Maymar Sweet, Sector X
- Noor Sweets & Bakers, X3, Quaid Avenue, Sector Z
- Mayor Sweets, Bakers and Nimko Centre, 7th Street, Sector Z
- Zauq-e-Shereen, Sector Z
Maymar Sweets, Bakers, and Nimko Centre is known for selling fresh and delicious cakes and pastries. The rates are also quite reasonable and other than sweet delights, lots of salty and spicy hi-tea items traditionally referred to as Nimko, are sold here too. It is usually served to guests along with a hot cup of tea.
SPORTS FACILITIES AND FITNESS CENTRES IN GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR, KARACHI
Health is inarguably the most important aspect of your life and it always helps to have amenities in the neighborhood that facilitate a healthy lifestyle. Fortunately, you’ll find several sports facilities and fitness centers in Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, that can help you improve your physical as well as mental well-being.
Karachi Sporting FC is a large ground in Sector S where you can go to play the sport of your choice. It is quite popular for football matches, though. Another good option is Maymar United Football Club in Sector T. This ground is also famous for holding different sports events.
Similarly, you can indulge in other forms of physical activities like swimming and martial arts at the facilities mentioned below:
- Next Level Bootcamp Shabbirabad, Shabbir Road, Sector R, Al Hamd Town
- Maymar Gym Boxing Karate and Swimming Pool, Sector Y
- Gym and Swimming Pool, Sector Y-3
- Olympians Gym, Sector X
- Ladies and Gents Club, 1 Sadiq Husain Road, Sector X-2
- Omi Fitness Man & Woman, Sector V
Moreover, Dreamworld Resort, Hotel & Golf Course is roughly an 8-minute drive away. It is one of the most popular water parks in Karachi. However, to avail of all the facilities being provided at this resort, you either have to be a full-time member or a guest of someone who is already a member of the resort. There are several fun activities that you and your family can enjoy, such as:
- Crazy River Slide
- Artificial Sea
- Horse Riding
- Bowling Alley
- Musical Dancing Fountain
- Rodeo Bull
- Laser Shooting
- Table Tennis
- Fun Lagoon
- Four Lane Multi-Slide
- Kamikaze Sliding
As of March 2020, Dreamworld Resort’s “Lifetime Membership” for families is available for PKR 25,000 per month.
TOWN HALL (COMMUNITY CENTRE) IN GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR, KARACHI
There’s a community center in Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, where residents can voice concerns regarding the lack of cleanliness and maintenance of the society’s infrastructure. In addition, an event hall is also a part of this center where different types of functions can be arranged. It is a beautiful town hall-like facility as it is covered by flowers and lush green grass. Special occasions like Independence Day are also celebrated here by the members of society.
SALONS AND SPAS IN GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR KARACHI
From soothing facials to expert bridal make-up services, salons in Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, offer all kinds of beauty treatments. The most popular facilities in the neighborhood include the following:
- Women’s Beauty Salon & Training Centre, Shop #1, SB-25, Sector X-4, Near Nawaz Shareef Park, Sector X
- Dulhan Beauty Parlour, Plot A, 172, Sector X
- Grace Beauty Parlour & Trg Centre, Sector X
- Glamour Beauty Salon, 2 Bhitai Road, Sector X-1, Sector X
- Rukhsar Beauty Parlour, Sector Z-5
- Looks Beauty Parlour, A, 68, Sector Z
- Sharil Beauty Salon & Professional Ladies Gym, A-2, Z-2, 2nd Street, Sector Z
It’s important to note here most of these facilities are small-scale, home-based establishments, except Women’s beauty Salon & Training Centre. This salon provides a number of different services that include:
- Party Makeup
- Bridal Services
- Mehndi Makeup
- Valima Makeup
- Facial whitening and polish
- Manicure and Pedicure
The beauty salon also offers training in a number of different courses related to cosmetics such as hair styling, hair cutting, bridal, makeup and threading, and waxing courses. As far as charges are concerned, if you go for bridal makeup, it may cost you around PKR 5,000, whereas, party makeup can cost you up to PKR 2,000. You can book an appointment from the official website of this beauty. Make sure that you book one prior to availing of the services to avoid any problem.
PARKS IN GULSHAN-E-MAYOR KARACHI
Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, houses many beautiful parks that are sparsely located to make it feasible for all the community members to access green spaces. Almost every sector of society has a park. The following details about them may help you figure out where these spaces can be found:
- Block Q Park, Sector Q-4, Sector Q
- Maymar Park, 4th Street, Sector X
- Gulshan-e-Maymar Park (Sector Y-IV), Sector Y
- Nawaz Shareef Park (Central Park), Sector X
- Nawaz Sharif Park, Sector X
- Roman Fountain Park, S2R, 7th Street, Sector X-2, Sector X
- Chatri Park
- Ladies & Children Park, Sector Z
- Sector U Park, S2R, Sector X
- Park P4, P-4, 7th Street, Sector Z
Roman Fountain Park is a small, beautiful park. It is a well-maintained space, complete with jogging tracks and fountains. This place is also known for holding special events. Generally, it is indeed a preferable hangout for families to make the most of their spare time by putting behind the usual worries of life and having fun.
Chhatra park, having a jogging track, in Sector-V, Gulshan-e-Maymar, KarachiThe park in Sector V is more commonly known as Chhatree park, because, at the top, there is an umbrella-shaped dome-like structure, formed by creepers, where people sit and enjoy the cool breeze. This park is a popular hangout among families. There are swings and slides properly maintained flower beds and a maze decorated with seasonal flowers.
A Central Park, located in Sector X is known as Nawaz Sharif Park, as it was inaugurated by the former prime minister of Pakistan. It is a huge park with lively fountains and colorful flower beds.
As mentioned above, Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, is located on the outskirts of the city, near M-9 and M-10. That said, the housing society is quite self-sufficient when it comes to amenities. Plus, there are several famous places and well-developed residential areas near Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, consisting of Dreamworld Resort Hotel & Golf Course and Scheme-33.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, has come a long way since its inception. An ideal location for those who prefer living away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Gulshan-e-Maymar has successfully established itself as one of the best places for residents to find a home in the City of Lights. Since the housing society is rapidly developing more avenues for entertainment and leisure for its residents, you also have plenty of options in terms of commercial investment.
IMPORTANCE OF GULSHAN-E-MAYMAR KARACHI FROM MAJOR LOCATIONS NEARBY
- Dreamworld Resort, Hotel & Golf Course, an 8-minute drive away
- Jinnah International Airport, at most a 46-minute drive away
- Kaiser Town, at least 10 minutes’ drive away
- Karachi Cantonment Railway Station, 56 minutes drive via Lyari Expressway
- University of Karachi, a 25-minute drive via Maymar Avenue
- Daewoo Bus Terminal, 21 minutes drive via Maymar Avenue
- Karachi-Hyderabad Motorway, a 14-minute drive